Olean High School
“Wall of Fame”
- To help preserve, strengthen and add distinction to the athletic program at the Olean High School.
- To honor and perpetuate the memory of those individuals who, either through participation, support or interest, have made outstanding contributions to the OHS athletic program.
- To recognize individuals who have demonstrated both in school and in succeeding years the worth of participation in athletics, who have well defined goals, who have provided mature leadership, and who have had an impact on society.
II. Honorees may be:
- Coach (OHS or Other)
- Athletic Administrator (OHS or Other)
- Athletic Booster – those who have provided meritorious service and support to OHS Athletics
- Athletic Benefactor
III. Selection Criteria:
- For athlete, a ten-year waiting period from the time they graduate.
- For coach/administrator/booster, a ten year waiting period from initial contributions to OHS athletics or other.
- They have achieved success as an athlete, coach, booster, or athletic administrator during their tenure at Olean High School or other (former students who have gone on to successful careers in the field of athletics after high school will also be considered).
- Noteworthy accomplishments as a citizen will be considered.
- Nominations would be submitted by January 1 and the induction ceremony will be held at a recognition breakfast or luncheon during the annual OHS Alumni Weekend in June.
- Consideration will be based on post-high school contributions such as:
- Career field
- Community service
IV. Selection Procedure:
- Nominations may come from any source to any committee member.
- No more than five inductees will be admitted per year.
- Nominations in any given year unlimited – committee will reduce to ten for a vote.
- After November 1 of each year, the committee will vote for a maximum of five inductees. Each committee member will get five votes. Any admitted candidate must receive two thirds of the potential committee votes.
- All final selections and voting procedures are strictly confidential.
V. Recognition of Inductees:
- Induction ceremony will be held at a recognition breakfast or luncheon during the annual OHS Alumni Weekend in June.
- A picture of the inductee will appear on a plaque for the “OHS Athletic Wall of Fame” which will be permanently displayed on a designated wall outside the gym area at the Olean High School.
- A personal plaque of recognition will also be presented to each inductee at the induction ceremony.
Use the attached Nomination Form to nominate someone for the Athletic Wall of Fame.
Clicke HERE for a list of past inductees.