2023-2024 Board of Education Goals
OCSD School Board Vision, Mission, Goal Categories, Statements, and Objectives
•The Olean City School District will support excellence by holding everyone to high standards in academics, character, extracurriculars, and service.
•Our district will uphold a culture of acceptance, inclusion, and equity for all, while embracing the diversity of our community. We will create and foster a safe and positive climate for our students, staff, and families that is adaptive for the ever-changing needs of society.
•Our students will graduate future-focused, engaged, resilient, and prepared to achieve their goals.
•Our staff will be learner-centered, innovative, inquisitive, professional, and committed to student success.
•Our families will be engaged, collaborative partners in academic success for all.
The Olean City School District is a student‑centered community of excellence in which all members are challenged to learn, achieve, contribute, and innovate.
2023-24 Goal Categories and Statements with Priorities
Student Achievement: The Olean City School District will provide opportunities to support the achievement of all students as they increase their capacity for learning and progress toward excellence.
- Offer academically rigorous courses and/or pathways
- Increase graduation rate and increase Regents with Advanced Designation and/or Honors and/or credentials/seals.
- Improve student proficiency in New York learning standards
Personnel: The Olean City School District will support the recruitment, training, and retention of a highly qualified and diverse staff.
- Recruit highly qualified staff
- Develop and support high-performing staff
- Retain highly effective staff
Financial Responsibility: The Olean City School District will be a faithful steward of the community’s financial commitment to the students and will be responsible for managing all resources.
- Ensure excellent financial management
- Ensure efficient use of resources
Safe and Supportive Learning Environment: The Olean City School District will provide a safe and supportive learning environment that is inclusive, nurturing, and responsive to the socio-emotional and mental health needs of all students and staff.
- Provide support for social and emotional learning for all
- Create and maintain a safe, orderly, positive learning environment for all that promotes attendance
- Establish and maintain clear and high expectations for excellence for all stakeholders
- Cultivate culturally responsive learning environments for all
Community, Communication, and Transparency: The Olean City School District will foster trust and engagement through open two-way communication, outreach, and responsiveness to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Increase the effectiveness of stakeholder engagement experiences
- Improve opportunities for innovative stakeholder collaboration
- Improve and ensure effective district internal and external communication