• What do I need to do to register my child for elementary school?


    To register your child, please come to the Pupil Services Office and and complete the necessary forms.  The Pupil Services Office is located under the connecting bridge between the high school and middle school.  You will need to bring along the following:


    Birth Certificate if your child is entering the school district for the first time.

    Immunization records for all students.

    Report cards from prior school districts are helpful when making class placements. 

    Social Security number

    Proof of residency in Olean



    Generally, students that live on the east side of Olean attend East View and students that live on the west side of Olean attend Washington West.  


    Families living in west Olean may request to attend East View, however requests are generally denied.  


    Bussing is available to East View for students that live over 1.0 miles from the school.  Please call our transportation office at 375-8924 to check to see if your address is bus eligible.  


    Students may also request to attend East View as a non-district resident.  Requests are granted to students in good standing at the Principal's discretion.  Factors that determine a student in good standing are attendance, academics and behavior.  Non-district residents attending Olean City Schools will also need to pay tuition.  Tuition is pro-rated throughout the year.  Please call our district clerk at 375-8018 for more information.